Inspired to help healthcare reach poor and remote communities in Africa? We are looking for a enthusiastic fundraiser to join our team. Please share this fantastic opportunity to broaden our fundraising beyond MotoGP™.
Job description for community and events fundraiser
Two Wheels for Life fund programmes in Africa that ensure life-saving healthcare gets to the poorest and most remote communities using motorbikes and other transport.
We work with local development partners in seven African countries making sure women in threatening labour reach hospitals, the sick get to care facilities in time and critical tests for conditions such as HIV, AIDS and TB arrive at labs.
The official charity of MotoGP™ we run world famous online and real-life auctions, events and competitions as well as raising funds through donations, and supporter fundraising.
We are a small, hard-working team who are committed to what we do.
About the job
Two Wheels for Life is looking for an experienced fundraiser to significantly develop our grassroots support, increasing income from individual giving and supporter fundraising.
We have a mature fundraising income within MotoGP™ motorcycle racing and are now looking to expand into the wider motorcycling world.
The role will involve working with us to developing initiatives like fundraising rides, monthly donation campaigns and new ways to increase and support individual fundraising. The fundraiser will work closely with the rest of the team to develop campaigns and realise them with their support.
The fundraiser will raise the profile of Two Wheels for Life and the need for reliable transport for health work in Africa, a much neglected aspect of development. They will promote our work at events, clubs and meets.
The role will also involve managing relationships with existing donors and fundraisers and use our CRM to understand our constituents, and begin to develop a pipeline of corporate and HNW relationships.
The person we are looking for will have an interest in the motorcycles’ role in humanitarian work. They will be an outgoing and driven with the ability to manage their own work and able to communicate and collaborate well with a remote team.
* Devising and implementing plans to increase monthly donation and fundraising.
* Building our supporter base using a range of methods including representing us at events.
* Supporting and developing individual fundraisers.
* Managing and analysing our constituents to find potential areas of fundraising growth.
* Nurturing relationships with donors and fundraisers.
* Managing and reporting on agreed budgets.
* Min 2 years recent experience in fundraising.
* Experience of managing relationships positively (e.g. with donors, fundraisers).
* Confident travelling and attending events alone.
* Friendly and approachable with good presentation skills.
* Great at communication within the team and great at building working relationships.
* Able to work independently but ask ask for support when needed .
* Experience of effectively using at least one CRM system.
* Technically literate and able to use collaborative working tools e.g. Google Docs, Slack, Trello, Skype etc.
* Good written English.
* Driven by improving the lives of people in Africa.
Nice to have
* Event management experience
* Job may involved travel outside the UK and a passport would be an advantage though not essential.
* A network of contacts in one area of the motorcycle world.
* A motorcycle and licence would be an advantage
We are currently in the process of redeveloping our website. If you have further questions about our organisation please get in touch.
We welcome applications to people of all genders and sexualities, and regardless of physical appearance or age.
The role WILL NOT involve working within MotoGP™.
Please apply with an up to date CV and cover letter (essential) by midnight on Sunday 26 May to email@example.com